In this episode, Kathryn Kellogg speaks on:
– What it means to live a zero waste lifestyle.
– How to live a waste free life.
– What chemicals are in your hygiene products as well as cleaning products.
– Top 10 things you can do to go zero waste.
– How you can get started today to reduce your carbon footprint.
Meet Kathryn Kellogg
Kathryn Kellogg is a professional actor as well as works at a green print shop. Kathryn is the writer and creator of “Going Zero Waste” blog where she writes and shares tips and tricks on all things waste reduction, real food and natural living.
In this episode, Mara Gleason talks about:
– How thoughts can limit us.
– How our minds are linked to everything we experience in the world.
– Why our minds are the source of our problems and how they can also be the solution.
– How to use your mind effectively.
– How the mind will self replenish and create a new reality, but only if we let it.
– So much more…
Meet Mara Gleason
Mara graduated with a Master’s degree from Columbia University and is the co-founder of One Solution, an international NGO dedicated to solving large-scale global issues by illuminating a new understanding of the mind.
In this episode, Philip McKernan addresses:
- The difference between a talent and a gift.
- The costs of not regularly giving ourselves permission for time to do nothing.
- Why happiness is the byproduct of meaning.
- Letting go of our attachments in order to create space.
- How to leverage a painful experience.
- The danger of giving too much of your identity to external outcomes
- Developing the courage to stay true to your message
- And a whole lot more…
Meet Philip McKernan
– The beautiful story of his wake up call.
– What is the best way to begin a meditation practice.
– What does it mean to destressify your life.
– How to interrupt unhealthy patterns.
– How to find the answers to all our questions.
– Teaches us a process called SODA to help when we become triggered.
– 16 seconds to clarity and tactical breathing
– Transforming the world by transforming ourselves
– And so much more…
Davidji is a globally recognized mindbody health & wellness expert, mindful performance trainer, meditation teacher & author of Amazon’s Best Seller: destressifying: The Real-World Guide to Personal Empowerment, Lasting Fulfillment, and Peace of Mind; and he is also the author of the book: Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace & Personal Transformation, winner of the Nautilus Book Award. He is credited with creating the 21-day meditation process, which spawned hundreds of 21-day meditation experiences & challenges around the world. Often referred to as the Velvet Voice of Stillness, he can be heard on more than 500 guided meditations.
Davidji’s new, revised, second edition of “Secrets of Meditation” will be launching in March, If you would like a copy, you can pre order it here: http://amzn.to/2hJyMiI
- destressifying: The Real-World Guide to Personal Empowerment, Lasting Fulfillment, and Peace of Mind
- Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace & Personal Transformation
Sign Up To
- How she was living pre-cancer diagnosis and how she believes that was a major cause of her cancer.
- How she chooses to live now after experience a complete healing.
- Why its important to accept our ego and how to do it.
- Why loving ourselves is the most important thing we can do and why it is NOT selfish.
- Why its important to take an “Information Fast” in this day of information.
- What she wants the world to know about living and death and everything in between.
Meet Anita Moorjani
Jen Bricker has an approach to life which is living without hesitation and just going for it.
Being conscious of the language we use as directly impacting the behaviours we live out.
Being aware of the impact words such as “coincidence” and “can’t” have on our psyche.
The many challenges Jen has faced in her life and how she overcame them.
What Jen believes holds people back from living their dreams.
How faith can impact our everyday life and how having a daily spiritual practices can shape and influence our minds.
Meet Jen Bricker
Jen Bricker is an author, aerialist, and motivational speaker. A state champion in power tumbling, she has traveled internationally with Britney Spears’s Circus Tour and has been featured on numerous news shows, including HBO’s Real Sports and Good Morning America to name a few. Jen currently lives in Los Angeles and has added a successful speaking career to her list of accomplishments, including a TEDx talk. Through her faith, drive, and determination, she continues to prove to herself and others that everything is possible.
Unfortunately, in our modern day society, millions of people are chronically sleep deprived and are suffering as a result. The effects of sleep deprivation can include, but are not limited to, immune system failure, diabetes, cancer, obesity, depression, and memory loss just to name a few.
Our guest today, Shawn Stevenson, is a sleep expert and he is here to shed some light on just how important sleep is. It wasn’t until he became physically sick and unable to function himself until he realized that quality of sleep is a must if you want a quality life.
This episode address’ how much sleep we really need, quality over quantity of sleep as well as how to create a sleep sanctuary, plus much more.
Meet Shawn Stevenson
Shawn Stevenson is a bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show, featured as the #1 Nutrition and Fitness podcast on iTunes. A graduate of The University of Missouri – St. Louis with a background in biology and kinesiology, Shawn went on to be the founder of Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a successful company that provides Wellness Services for both individuals and organizations worldwide. Shawn is also a dynamic keynote speaker who has spoken for TEDx, universities, and numerous organizations with outstanding reviews.
Shawn Stevenson’s Links
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to A Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success
Ever wonder how someone can be given everything in life yet still be miserable? What about those who are given nothing, yet live as though they have everything? Dr. Maria Sirois explains how resilience and how perceptions of a given situation plays a critical role in our over fulfillment of life. She shows us how we can develop resilience so we too can see the world through the lens of having everything even if we don’t.
Meet Dr. Maria Sirois
Dr. Maria Sirois is a psychologist and seminar leader who teaches internationally in the intersection of resilience and flourishing. Known for her wisdom, authenticity and rampant humour, she brings invigorating practices and perspectives to corporate and non-profit audiences alike. Sirois is the author of A Short Course in Happiness After Loss (And Other Dark, Difficult Times) and Every Day Counts. A master teacher, Sirois has been called an orator of great power and beauty. With Tal Ben-Shahar, she co-leads a year-long certificate program in positive psychology for executives, educators, entrepreneurs, counsellors and the general public.
Dr. Maria Sirois’s Links & Resources
- A Short Course in Happiness After Loss (And Other Dark, Difficult Times)
- Every Day Counts: Lessons in Love, Faith, and Resilience From Children Facing Illness
Sign Up To
Have you ever feared rejection? What about failure? Of course you have because you are human – we all have at one time or another! What about this one though… fear of success? This was one that I had to really examine and dig into further which is why I asked today’s guest, Vasavi Kumar, to be on the show.
Vasari Kumar is an expert in helping people uncover their (often) unconscious values that hold them back from living their full expression. She teaches us how we can become aware of them, change them or direct them in the direction of love and success rather than fear and sabotage. From the words of Marianne Williamson, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.”
In this episode, Vasavi and I are also dive into discussions around guilt and the spiritual roots of addiction. How to take responsibility for our life and stop blaming ourselves and others from less than desired experiences in our life.
Meet Vasavi Kumar
Vasavi Kumar is often described as “your kick-in-the-pants guide en route to your desired destination.” She is a licensed social worker, special education teacher, and a certified coach. Vasavi holds dual Masters degrees in Special Education from Hofstra University and Social Work from Columbia University. She’s a pro at attracting media and works with her clients to create and go after opportunities that are aligned with their brand values. She has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, was a regular on NBC’s Kansas City Live as the “Keepin’ It Real Guru.” and was on VH1’s Basketball Wives where she coached one of the main stars of the show. She truly believes that with impeccable character, work ethic, and unwavering values, you can do, be and have anything you want.
Vasavi Kumar’s Links & Resources
Sign Up To